Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas 2008

























Wow! Christmas went by so quickly. We had a very quite morning, which is so different from when my brother and I were little. Now we are older, and have added someone in the mix. It was funny when his girlfriend and I wore the same color that day. Everyone who has seen the picture can't believe that he and I are related, and if they didn't know, would have thought that she and I were related. I got exactly what I wanted for christmas (ie. pictures of kids I care for, money, printer, and a fire safe box among other things). This is the first christmas since I have moved from my parents' house.

















This year, my parents decided that us kids were in charge of deserts. My brother and his girlfriend brought fondu, and I planned on making pumpkin pie. As you can see in the photo, my pies fell on the ground. I made the pies Christmas Eve, they looked really good, and not ten minutes after I took them out of the oven, Baby cat knocked them unto the ground. My parents and I were floored, and I then was upset about it. We have always had pumpkin for desert every christmas for as far back as I can remember. We did survive without it this year although I did not like that idea.










After we had lunch, my brother and his girlfriend went her parents' house to celebrate and I went to my aunt and uncle's house to celebrate there. I had a great time spending time with my extended family. It reminded me of when I was younger. We talked and played a game called "Partini." Once we played it once, everybody decided it was time to leave. I was able to get pictures of us three older grandkids. My mom and their dad are siblings. The three of us are only half of the grandkids. We also are the three oldest girls out of four girls. Then there are two boys. Of the three of us older ones, I am the only one not married.





No comments: