Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Time to Look Ahead

2010 brought quite a few changes for me.
January- I moved to a new apartment complex that is 3 miles closer to work.  I love the community feel.
February-  Still enjoying my new place, but now some added pressure from loneliness is starting to develop.
March- Very busy with my many activities as well as preparing for VBS that was coming in June and meeting the newest member of the church.
April- Easter fun. Continued to be busy with my many activities, and dealing with loneliness.
May- Monkey is out of school for the summer. We returned to our normal schedule that had been set for two years.  We were busy with multiple activities as well as spending time with their Oma.
June- VBS time.  The kiddos' grandparents from out of town come in the same week.  This helped me focus on VBS a little more than normal.  Trying to find a second job, but nothing happens.
July-  Monkey's birthday.  Still trying to find a second job, still nothing happens.  I am trying to come to grips with both kids about to start school.
August- LadyBug's birthday.  Two week vacation, then the start of school.  Very hard for both LadyBug and I to separate from each other.
September- Totaled my car.  Walked away with next to no injuries, but had major issues with having to say goodbye to a car I loved and only had for 23 months.  Getting used to having breaks two times a week.
October- Children's church doing a black light series leading to our Harvest Party.  Friends of the family I work for come to visit.
November- My big vacation.  I traveled to visit family in West Virginia and Ohio.
December- Met the Patterson Family after Lorraine wrote a book of the blog posts during the 31 days her daughter, Chrissie, was in the hospital.  I got an autographed copy of the book.  I had to make a decision on what I was going to do about possibly renewing my lease on the apartment.  The renewal price was just too much, and now I am looking for a new place or moving back home.  My camera broke, and I began the process of buying a new one.  Spent Christmas with part of my family.  Then as the year was coming to a close, I was invited and I joined a group called Boss Your Heart Challenge 2011.

I could have been killed in a car accident just days before Christmas if it were not for God giving me the strength to save myself.  It was not my mistake, but that of a construction dump truck driver who did not stop his truck at the stop sign.

SO.... For 2011: My Hopes
Keep God as my main focus by studying His word everyday in all of the bible studies that I do
That my living arrangements get resolved quickly
Find a second job
Find a guy that wants to marry me for me and keeps God as the foundation of our marriage
Start really paying down on my two loans
Get my passport renewed
Buy a new computer or ipad
Save money

No comments: